Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 420D IT quick connect coupler rebuild

thepaintguy ยท 2020-10-16 18:30

Hello all, I just procured a 420D IT, but the problem is, there's no IT ... Actually, the hydraulic cylinder with the pins is there in place, but it has three ports all with plugs in them. It did come with a 4 in 1 bucket, but the bucket has been welded up solid. There are also two lines that run down the sides of the loader arms that terminate right at the cross brace in front of the grill. Am I correct in assuming that those are remote lines? The joystick has a trigger, a function button and the top kinda slides sideways, but none of those buttons/switches seem to do anything. I'm thinking the actual functioning of the ram shouldnt be too difficult, in theory, but I have no idea what all the plumbing/solenoids/wiring even look like. As well, I believe that the ram is actuated off of a toggle on the dash, but not sure. And if so, what are all the buttons on the front loader joystick used for? Anybody familiar with these buttons and that have a machine with this system working, I would so greatly appreciate any pictures/information/direction available. If necessary, I can take some pictures of what I have on mine, if that would help. Thank you, Brad

Replies0

No replies yet.