Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 420D multipurpose bucket valve

beamero · 2022-05-26 18:06

What exactly does this valve do and what’s its proper use? I’ve read the portion on disconnecting the bucket to swap tools, and have swapped back and forth with forks. I am still new to this machine, so I’m not 100% that I’m doing it right. Thanks!

Replies5
  1. #1heymccall2022-05-26 18:16

    Position, it ensures that you cannot accidentally unpunished the attachment when using a two way type attachment, such as a clam bucket. But, if the electrical switch isn't activated, it should stay on any ways. I find it to be redundant. At least in my 416Cit and 426Cit machines.

  2. #2Long02022-05-26 19:01

    On my 420, the handle needs to be horizontal to detach and attach bucket, forks etc. when I have my snowplow on, it needs to be vertical to operate left to right movements of the plow. Andy

  3. #3CM19952022-05-26 19:09

    Yep. One time the handle in the pic on our 420DIT somehow got turned to the vertical position and the bucket would detach from the cab. I thought we had a dreaded electrical gremlin but fortunately it was just that lever.

  4. #4tconstantia2022-05-28 23:46

    Does anyone have a schematic for the quick disconnect, I don't have any power on either one of the white wires going to the valve. I can't tell if they rocker switch is working or not.

  5. #5tconstantia2022-05-28 23:49

    It's a 420d