Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 420e

dlennink ยท 2014-10-21 19:23

Hi: I have a 2008 cat 420e backhoe and the dash is showing a flashing exclamation point. Just wondering what it means.. Thanks Dave

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2014-10-21 19:37

    It means there is a fault in a machine system somewhere, it's a generic alarm. To assist any further would require the machine Serial Number.

  2. #2dlennink2014-10-21 19:57

    Thanks for your reply. The serial number is cat0420evkmw03266 Dave

  3. #3Nige2014-10-22 07:38

    I hope one of our resident backhoe experts can chime in here on a way of obtaining Diagnostic Codes without the need to resort to Cat ET software, because I cant find anything. I can't see any of the connectors on the wiring schematics that would be used to pull diagnostic codes without the need for ET, all I can see is the Service Tool connector with the Cat & ATA Datalink connections in it. If it's a case of ET or nothing then you are down to having someone with the necessary electronic tooling do the diagnostics for you.

  4. #4Snooker2014-10-22 11:43

    Is it an IT? My 07 420 flashes the ! sometimes if one of the aux connectors isnt fully closed after i take my angle blade off during the winter months. Could be anything though...

  5. #5dlennink2014-10-22 17:28

    yes it is the IT ..Noticed today the quick connect is not working properly so that could be it...Thanks for the help. Dave