Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 426 backhoe Tie Rod help needed

CalicoJack ยท 2013-11-08 15:55

I need help getting my tierods off to replace them. I got one off but can't figure out how to get the second one off. The ram just turns when I try to get the second inner end loose. I tried pipe wrenching the bushing next to it but the ram still spins. Any insight anyone. Thanks in advance

Replies4
  1. #1jimg9842013-11-08 16:27

    are talking about tie rod ends? if so and the nut is on top put a hyd. jack under the other end and jack it up

  2. #2CalicoJack2013-11-08 16:28

    The inner tierod that treads out of the stearin ram.

  3. #3Dickjr.2013-11-08 17:57

    One end of the steering cylinder has a square area on it I think it takes a narrow 2" wrench. I just changed my 416C tie rods about a month ago.

  4. #4CalicoJack2013-11-10 14:21

    Thx DickJr. I didn't know that the collar came off the ram. That did it. All done thanks!