Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 426 Bucket is slow to go up

Rocket Man · 2024-05-30 13:48

Hello all. I have another issue , still, with my 1987 Cat 426 Backhoe, SN 7BC 00580. The bucket has been slow to raise up for a long time and have replaced all resolvers to no avail. Now i am determined to get to the bottom of it. Did a search here and found a couple of cases similar to mine but those point to the resolvers which i already replaced. I have tried the other functions while trying to raise bucket but no results. In one of my posts i mentioned this and Welder Dave mentioned that maybe its the CONTROL VALVE? I would like to expand on that and look into it more but am limited and have no idea what to look for. The reason i mentioned it on that post is the motor would die when i pegged the stick too long. I been looking at my parts manual and there is a part of that control valve called Priority Flow Divider. Has anyone ever rebuilt one of these and maybe give me a tip or two on how thats done? Any help would be appreciated.

Replies8
  1. #1Rocket Man2024-05-31 15:00

    I have done more research on why the bucket won't lift and ran across a post #13 by "OCEANOBOB" in Oct. 2014 which was in response to a post by RLBailey who had the exact same problem as i do with the bucket lift. In that reply Oceanobob described a "new relief valve for that circuit" as being the problem. So i have looked in my parts manual and have not been able to pinpoint exactly what that item is. Maybe somebody can let me know what it looks like and where is it located in the lift circuit?

  2. #2Nige2024-05-31 15:12

    If you want to quote a thread and get considered replies why not put a link in....?

  3. #3Rocket Man2024-05-31 15:24

    can do as soon as i learn how. Got any instructions on how to do that?

  4. #4Nige2024-05-31 16:02

    Go to the thread you were mentioning At the top of your browser screen will be the address of the thread you are interested in. Make a new post and Copy & paste that address in - like this for example. Cat 426 Bucket is slow to go up Hello all. I have another issue , still, with my 1987 Cat 426 Backhoe, SN 7BC 00580. The bucket has been slow to raise up for a long time and have replaced all resolvers to no avail. Now i am determined to get to the bottom of it. Did a search here and found a couple of cases similar to mine but... HeavyEquipmentForums

  5. #5Rocket Man2024-05-31 17:04

    OK how is this: Cat 416 C Backhoe Front Bucket will not lift... Hello, I've got a 1997 Cat 416 C backhoe with 1450 hours on it. The front bucket is a standard bucket.(non-clam shell). When I go to raise the front bucket it will not raise. It has plenty of "power down", enough to easily lift the machine off the ground. Bucket roll is done with the same lever... HeavyEquipmentForums

  6. #6Nige2024-05-31 17:16

    That works….

  7. #7Monkeywithawrench2024-05-31 17:51

    Nige..........not just a pretty face, but good with CAT equipment AND guru of HEF!! How are you with the stock market?? Asking for a friend........LOL Thank you for all you do Nige!!

  8. #8Nige2024-05-31 17:53

    F'kin *****. The last horse I backed is still running......