Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bucket control valve !

Kylesbeast · 2024-05-30 14:25

Just a quick question I have a 1978 case 780 ck and my bucket control valve was leaking quite badly,so I removed it and replaced a few orings when I went to install it the control stick ended up being short ! I put it back together the same way I took it apart ! The bolt holes line up and I never adjusted the controls! I’m kind of stuck ! Anyone got some ideas why the stick would end up short !

Replies5
  1. #1Kylesbeast2024-05-30 14:26

    I was on this site before then haven’t posted for a while ! Sorta lost my info , most of the info I got was from tinkerer

  2. #2Tinkerer2024-05-31 21:52

    Please explain what you mean -- that it is short ? Is the rod hooked up to the control valve ? Or is it too short to be able to get the pin in the spool eye ? Look closely at the rod arrangement in the parts book. It will show exactly how the rods are arranged to the control valve.

  3. #3Kylesbeast2024-06-15 16:08

    Sorry for taking so long to get back to u I could not for some reason get on this site but todays a new day and I actually got the part back together! Sorry for taking so long but the internet is a pig sometimes

  4. #4Kylesbeast2024-06-15 16:13

    I do have some pictures to show I finally found the leak I’ve been hunting for it’s under the steering column at the back of the motor I’ll send picks ! I just don’t know if it’s a hose fitting they took off or just a plate ! It looks like a pump of some sort, I’ll send picks ! By the looks of it the piece has not been on from the time I picked this up !

  5. #5Kylesbeast2024-06-16 14:09

    I ended up losing a piece under the hoe I found it all is well I’m just hunting for a small part for the regulator valve pump I’m going on broken tractor to see if it’s available i did show some picks of it and finally found the part in the service manual I’ll see if I can order the parts or plug the hole LOL !