Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 426 data plate interpretation

graywarrant · 2021-04-06 15:11

Hello All - First time TLB owner and first time poster to HEW. I have some land that I need to work and my little Kubota l3400 w/FEL is handy for some, but not all the work. I’ve been on the lookout for a low cost TLB. I began to believe that they didn’t exist, until I ran across a running 1988 Cat 426. It was listed as running, all hydraulics working, but no forward motion - I’ll start another post on that topic in the near future once I have worked through all the information and t-shooting I have learned from here and elsewhere and it shows 4371 hours on the meter. The SN is 7BC02306, transmission 9W7920 / 15029 / HS1700 I can’t figure out what the rest of information on the middle data plate means to me and I’m hoping someone Cat smart can fill in the blanks. I’ve got to get a picture of the engine info - where should I look for that? MTF on my transmission challenges. Thanks in advance - Ray

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2021-04-06 17:39

    Your 2nd photo. 1st line - machine model, m/c serial number, arrangement # (bill of Materials for the assembly if you will) 2nd line - Engine Serial #, engine arrgt # 3rd line - Transmission Serial #, trans arrgt # See attached.

  2. #2graywarrant2021-04-06 20:07

    Nige - Thank you for your response and the attachment. I’ve seen your posts all over this site in researching this 426 and you are a wealth of knowledge and resources. Ray

  3. #3edgephoto2021-04-06 20:50

    I have a Cat 426 too. Now that both my hands had carpal tunnel surgery and I am close to recovered I need to get back to working on her. Hopefully you will post your journey.