I have 1996 cat 426B with under 5000 hours on it , the bottoms of the doors are almost rusted through. Is there someone that sells repair panels to fix it ? Any ideas or remedies are welcomed!!!
Rusty I have a 97 without the rust, but I can see that the potential for a rust situation is present with the way the doors seal at floor level, trapping the moisture along the seams. I had to buy a new door from Finning and we won't talk about the price of that item as it still makes me weep! To top it all off I managed to break the big window within 3 months when clearing forest. (guarding and closer observance would have prevented this, but....) If you ask a decent body shop if they can repair the rusted out area they may be able to assist, or refer you to a source that can. Spray lots of WD-40 or Liquid Wrench on these rust areas and they should disappear!! (just kidding )
have had the same problem found some areas out of sight and drilled small weep holes to allow moisture to drain check with a body shop some of those guys are really good at fabracting pannles.
You can buy them from Cat new for $2200 each.
sell it and buy a jcb or case the cat backhoes are probably one of the worst I have operated and not to mention expensive
loudvq, You did not mention John Deere. I've heard many say JCB is the most useless of all. I don't operated many backhoes but I have a 310D and compared to the newer JCB my friend owns, the Deere is much nicer to operate. My steering is 2.5 turns hard right to hard left. The JCB seems like 50 turns and the backhoe controls on the Deere work so easy and the JCB so ridiculously hard. But the frame on the JCB is massive so it depends what your comparing. One thing I've noticed on this wonderful site is every Case seems to be broken but I know there is thousands old Cases around. Don't want to offend any one, just like to here opinions. It's fun to read comments.
Cat sure is proud of them parts; friend needed a sheet metal battery cover for a D-9 sized front loader. Maybe 3 sq ft of metal. $600. Had a bend in it. Maybe that ran up the cost....