Hi! I just bought an old working backhoe, for farm working. In a small plate reads Massey Ferguson ** 300. I been trying to find a vin decoder to know the year and the model of this backhoe, cause looking on the net I don't find the model ** 300. The vin # is 1016004145. At the moment the hydraulic oil needs to be change cause the hydraulic tank have a broken cap letting water to go in (white oil). I would like to read a thread about what kind of damage the water will cause in the hyd. system, if someone can help me to find a thread like that. The swing motor is leaking and either the backhoe boom or the front loader still up after turning off the engine both start drop down little by little. If someone has a spare ** for parts sale let me know. The one in the picture is not mine, but looks like that exept the hyd. filter is on the other side of the hyd. tank next to the tranny. I'll upload the real picture in the weekend.
hi, Where do you see the "300" tag on the machine? if its on the 'hoe itself, thats the 'hoe attachments model. The serial number you gave will only tell you the year, not the model. My Massey dealer told me mine was a '67 but I had to identify which one of their pictures it looked like, until we determined it was a 2200. Can you tell us as much as you can about it? loader/hoe model numbers? gas/diesel? which transmission it has?
I fliped the picture and draw a red circle around the place the tag is, is a diesel engine. At the moment I don't know where are the model # in the front loader or in the hoe. But I'm giving priority to find the hyd filter number or model cause next weekend I'll be changing the hyd. oil.
Just looked at mine, it says "200" in the same location, thats the model of the loader.
I have a model 300 Massey Ferguson, good running backhoe but I need a couple of hyd. cylinder seal kits. I will be needing pins and bushings soon. Anyone know a good place to buy ** parts?
4 lever controls?
Thats not an old hoe ! That looks like a 40 to me, I have an older version with a 220 hoe and 702 loader, I think it is a 302x it is around 1963 age
Yes is 4 lever control. In this days I need to fix the tie rod ends.
Looks like a MF40 You can find parts here at the AGCO web site -- this is the search page http://www.agcopartsbooks.com/PartsBooksN/Viewer/Default.aspx? put backhoe in the model box and click Massey Ferguson in the brand box. That will give you all the models of backhoe, I'm not sure what you have but eventually you'll find the one you're looking for. Joe H Well, I got 2 pictures but edit isn't helping to get rid of 1 so they stay. Edit again, looks like you have to start at the main page, log in as a guest and then you can get to the parts books.