Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 426C transmission problem

Veda ยท 2012-10-23 20:44

I need to do the maintenance on the transmission in my 426C. It has only 875 hours but when I check the stick it has water in the transmission fluid. I don't have a manual (I can't afford one at this time). Recently lost my husband and I'm trying to do this myself. thanks for any help you can offer.

Replies3
  1. #1Lee-online2012-10-23 20:58

    There should be a book in the compartment to the right of the seat below the dash. This will tell you exactly how and what to do for maintenance on the machine. Basically pull the plug to drain the oil,(Its best to remove and clean the screen also but not required) change the spin on filter. Refill it with 30w oil

  2. #2Curbster2012-10-25 20:40

    Any idea how water got into the transmission? Definitely have to change the oil and filter for sure. Your operators manual will tell you the type of oil, - depending on temperature ranges, for your location, and will also tell you how many gals./quarts/ liters that are needed to refill it. There should be a fill spout on top where the dipstick for fluid levels is located. What year is the machine? Must be fairly new with those low hours. A serial number will let us assist you more fully.

  3. #3rugthomas2012-10-27 15:20

    check ur tramission cooler it may bore