Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford New Holland 555e Backhoe

l-b-s ยท 2012-10-23 21:57

I have a 555E backhoe that wont turn over. I turn the key and have a orange warning light come on the dash. Seems like starter is not getting fire. Can anyone help me figure out the problem?

Replies3
  1. #1oldseabee2012-10-23 22:21

    Have you tried jumping the starter solenoid to see if the starter is working. if the starter is working, problem could be the relay from the key switch to the solenoid, the neutral start switch, the key switch itself, battery cable connection corroded, or a bad wire connection. Lots of choices, but start with the starter and work backward through the circuit.

  2. #2johnny_waz2012-10-24 13:36

    Make sure the tractor is in park before you jump the solenoid, at bare minimum at least neutral. Or you could be squashed like a grape if the machine fires up.

  3. #3l-b-s2012-10-26 17:52

    I jumped the starter then it started with the key. I guess I have a bad spot in my starter. Thank you for your help!!