Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 428b hydraulic auxillary spool valve

CAT428B ยท 2016-07-02 03:49

Hi' I need to install a spool valve and lines to operate a hydraulic post hole digger on my Cat 428b , Is there a facility to connect a spool valve to the main hydraulic control valve set up both for pressure and return to tank, or would it be simpler to connect directly to the pump via a tee piece and like wise to the return line at the bottom of the tank? Any Ideas would be welcomed. Regard's

Replies2
  1. #1lantraxco2016-07-02 04:20

    Since the bucket cylinder is typically not in use when using a rotary auger (I assume that's what you meant) on a backhoe, the easiest and cheapest solution is to simply install quick couplers in the bucket cylinder lines and connect them up to your auger when you use it.

  2. #2CAT428B2016-07-02 10:47

    Hi' Thank's for your input, I do need the bucket ram hydraulics , I should have added there will also be a hydraulic flail mower on the manual bucket quick connect, I have the spool valve and a heap of new hoses with reusable/ field fix ends quick couplers and fittings. What I am doing is using the backhoe for a all round farm tractor, I am in the process of adding a rear draw bar that wont interfear with the operation of the backhoe it too will have a removable hydraulic pto motor with a cat 2 shaft for other uses.