Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help….hydraulic stabilizer piston bolt assembly

overhaulin ยท 2016-07-02 17:27

Okay, so I was repacking the one of the stabilizer legs on my 655D and while I fought like hell I finally got the gland loose and the bolt assembly for the piston. I have the New Holland Hyd. manual and a diagram from the parts supplier but neither one confirms the order of the bolt assembly at the end of the piston. Doe anyone have a picture of the order of this assembly? I am sure I could ask the parts supplier but they will not be back open until after the holiday and I would love to get this knocked before then. I feel like such a dumbass. :Banghead From now on I will take pictures of everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks in advance for your help!

Replies4
  1. #1lantraxco2016-07-02 19:37

    Maybe this will help, assuming you don't have a sideshift hoe?

  2. #2overhaulin2016-07-02 20:12

    Close but no cigar. Thanks Lantaxco, but this is the illustration I have and it does not depict the assembly accurately. I have #13 & #15 mixed and #15 is not a what you would consider a normal washer, its more like a std. 1" short well socket and #13 would be like a female fitting to the short well socket with a 1/4" notch across the top. Like I said the illustration doesn't do a very good job of describing. My assembly appeared to be the original (1995 655D) because the original gland paint was still untouched and it took the old style seal kit. I wish now I would have taken a photo of what I have.

  3. #3lantraxco2016-07-02 22:35

    Yeah, now that I look at the parts list I see there's an update/change. Apparently the picture is of the original design. Sez the newer #15 has a 62mm OD, no help there?

  4. #4overhaulin2016-07-03 05:52

    Unfortunately not. I'll take some pics when I go back down to where the tractor is. I tried to google image and video but no luck. Thanks again for taking the time!