Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 430 lower swing tower pin broke.

Compression-Ignition · 2024-04-02 22:33

Can I just replace the associated pins, bushing/s, retainer/s on this thing and then move on with life? Who would your first call be to? I do not have a shop nor a big gantry or anything like that. Machine has around 6700hrs on it. This thing has been squeaking hard. I was greasing it every few hours before it let go.

Replies4
  1. #1Tinkerer2024-04-03 08:20

    It depends on whether the bushing will fit tightly in the frame. If it doesn't then you have to remedy that problem. Plan on replacing the upper pin and bushing too. The lack of grease in that damaged frame tells me you need to change the way you are operating the machine. Are you crowding material onto the frame and bushings with the backhoe, or backing into piles ? That stuff is going to shorten the life of the pins and bushings no matter how much you grease it.

  2. #2Compression-Ignition2024-04-03 10:20

    It happens from time to time. If all of my work here on our property was on flat ground I’d probably get away with not doing it, or at least rarely. But it does happen. That bottom pin has only ever seemed to push grease out of one side. I’ll definitely keep a better eye on that. Maybe I’ll try pressure washing it before greasing? Hopefully it isn’t wallowed out…

  3. #3HarleyHappy2024-04-03 10:26

    Doesn’t look that bad, it’ll buff out. Lol Holes don’t look wallered out.

  4. #4Compression-Ignition2024-04-03 12:41

    T his is what CAT sent me. ​ 130-2533: 155MM LONG LINKAGE PIN​ 602-7896: LINKAGE PIN​ 213-6702: 64.093MM OUTSIDE DIAMETER SLEEVE BEARING​ 236-8158: SLEEVE BEARING (BUSHING)​ 341-9843: BRACKET (This part has been indirectly replaced)​ 341-9488: LINKAGE PIN​ I know I need retaining rings, and a couple of these pins are not what I was looking for. I find I struggle when trying to explain to these guys what I need over the phone. Serial #RGS00474 I have never been able to figure out how to make their website work for me. I can find parts out on the web by describing them. Then when I go to CAT I can find them using the direct part number. But I can never find diagrams or pictures.