Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 430E trouble code retrieval

Mobilewrench ยท 2023-03-27 21:53

I have to check out a cat 430 E this week can't remember the full serial number but the prefix is EAT. It has a warning light (just an exclamation point (!)) But no symptoms. And no digital display. I seem to remember that there is a way to get blink codes out of these. I just don't remember how.

Replies4
  1. #1Mobilewrench2023-03-27 21:55
  2. #2Vetech632023-03-28 08:06

    The operator's manual should explain what a single exclamation point in red means. I bet it's not on the machine.

  3. #3Nige2023-03-28 14:58

    See attachment. The Red exclamation point simply indicates a " Malfunction in a machine system". You have to go into the Diagnostics menu in Advisor to see what the malfunction is. NOTE: Advisor is an attachment and may nmot be installed on your machine. If that's the case then the only option is Cat ET.

  4. #4Mobilewrench2023-03-29 20:42

    Thanks nige, I was afraid that was the case.