Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 430F2it backhoe fuel filter/screen?

RollyBFCVABCH · 2018-03-02 09:38

does anybody know if there is an inline fuel screen on this machine? It’s a 2015. Complaint : “machine bogging down” Replace fuel and air filters, just wondering if there is a screen I’m missing

Replies2
  1. #1jflarin2018-03-06 21:25

    I don't know about your machine, but I had mine that worked for a while on idle, but died within 30 second under load. I though the filter in the bottom of the fuel tank was blocked. That's not the case. But on the entrance of the low-pressure pump there was a mesh filter jammed at 95%. I didn't know there was a filter there, it can't be seen if you don't dismantle the pump. Still, with that filter cleaned, the engine now operates great! jf

  2. #2RollyBFCVABCH2018-03-09 09:34

    That is what I’m looking for. I never found it but machine is working fine now anyway.