My Deere has almost 10,000 hours. The yoke at the rear end of the driveshaft for the front wheels seems to have worn down inner splines. The slack causes the shaft to whip and therefore causes a driveline vibration on the road. My question to you all is will the new Deere yoke be much better or is this how they all are? Please click on the link below to view my video showing the slack in the splin coupling.
This video is unavailable is all I can get.
I don't understand why this video keeps going dead. Let's try again.
If you got 10,000 hours out of it ,you your money out of it .Have you taken it off to check the spline on the input shaft of the axle If you had a new yoke could see how tight the spline is .A good drive shaft shop can make you one if needed.
tool king, The input shaft shows absolutely no sign of wear but you can feel just a little in the inside of the yoke when you slide a small screwdriver inside. There is a tinny step at the end of the input shaft travel. But the wear seems so small i'm afraid to be disappointed in the improvement after buying a new yoke. The driveline guys tell me I need to go to Deere for this part.
Don't drive down the rd. in 4wd & never in a gear higher than 2nd.
Billrog, That shaft is attached to the front differential and spins all the time. In 4x4 or not.
Your right I was thinking maybe more of a problem under power. I've replaced the splines on the end of a drive shaft on pick-ups pull the drive shaft and check the splines on it would be a lot cheaper to replace than the yoke I would think. The play does seem excessive but I don't know what's except able. The last drive shaft I had the splines cut off and replaced in a machine shop was $120 I would imagine double that now. Good luck in what ever you have to do sorry I'm no great help.
AT76182 is $157.14 from Amazon with free shipping .or you can get one from dealer and try it on axle spline and if the same return it . Or globalpartszone.com 1-954-239-2292 [email protected] for $122.38