Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 432e don’t work 4 gear

Crimean ยท 2022-05-16 13:46

Good afternoon, Cat 432e. Automatic transmission. The 4th gear does not turn on. According to the correspondence table, I calculated that the 6th solenoid is not activated. The same solenoid is activated at the 3rd reverse gear and it does it. Those solenoid and wiring are ok. The shift knob is not analog, it transmits information to the data bus. We tried to change it to a handle from disassembly, but the situation does not change. It feels like the control unit doesn't turn on the 4th for some reason... May be some protection??

Replies8
  1. #1Nige2022-05-16 15:19

    Do you have a Serial Number.? Locating the correct electrical schematic depends on that informaiton. I agree that the lack of ONLY 4th speed is strange. The clutches that operate in 4th Speed Forward are FWD Low and Clutch #3. FWD Low also operates 1st Speed Forward. Clutch #3 also operates 5th Speed Forward and 3rd Speed Reverse.

  2. #2Crimean2022-05-17 03:32

    Good day, SN: 01021734 i use table below i think may be it's programm gear box protection... we have only 4 speed forward.

  3. #3Crimean2022-05-17 03:38

    On another forum, they wrote to me that the gearbox is in protection mode. And they offered instructions on removing protection for $ 35, without any guarantees. This is a small amount, but I first want to study the problem in more detail. All transmissions are switched on except 4F. And this removes suspicion from the solenoids.

  4. #4Nige2022-05-17 09:49

    Sorry I meant the machine Serial Number. Is that plate on the transmission.?

  5. #5Nige2022-05-17 11:53

    There are four different electrical schematics for the 432E depending on machine Serial Number prefix (BXE, JBA, or RXS) then additionally there are breaks within the various prefixes. Above/below certain Serial Numbers the schematic changes. When you describe your symptoms my first thought would be that the problem is in the shift lever in the cab or in the transmission control.

  6. #6Crimean2022-05-17 12:09

    Is it it? BXE?

  7. #7Crimean2022-05-17 12:14

    Thanks for you attantion. Shift lever transmit data via digital bus, in serial code, as I understand. CAT bus?

  8. #8Nige2022-05-17 12:15

    That is it. BXE03192 is the machine Serial Number. I will send you the appropriate electrical schematic.