Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 436C IT backhoe, rear hydraulic is the dealer feeding me a line of bull or what??

gd10r ยท 2012-01-23 17:00

So we have a nice 436C IT extendahoe backhoe. I have bid and secured a dam project, material out with 637's no problem. Now that the valve vault is going in we are about a month away from needing to mob and backfill the tower, all 70 feet of it. Dam restrictions require hand work for the 8' around the tower. Site engineer thinks three feet for no machines but the outer 5 still need compacted. We are bidding lots of structural work anyway, so a shaker head would be handy on the back of the machine. Dealer says that Cat never designed the "C" series to have rear hyd attachments, and I will need a "special fabricated" kit. Cost $6,000-$7,000 plus the cost of the compactor ????????? (To quote the youngsters ***?) Has anyone seen this or know of a remedy, I have an E stick on it but probally a different flow rate from a shaker head compactor. Thanks in advance. Graham

Replies3
  1. #1Curbster2012-01-23 23:54

    426cit Just a note to say that I have a '97 426CIT and when I purchased it a few years ago it did have a complete valve set up and rocker switch for a vibrator/packer. I don't know if this was an add on, but if so it seemed to have been done professionally. However, I could never keep the valve body from continually leaking, so deactivated the switch and removed the floor pedal. Never used it anyway. The hoses are still in place on the boom for quick connect.

  2. #2DMoline2012-01-24 11:28

    Hello Gd10R. I use an Allied plate compactor quite a bit on my 2000 426Cst. It has had auxilary hydraulics since new. Valve, hard lines on boom and clipper valve on floor. Off/on switch on rear dash with rocker switch that works like clipper pedal. I am sure it was dealer installed. 24x32 plate rattles down granular material around structure very effectively. Seeing as your machine is an IT. Might you have an auxilary hydraulic circuit for an attachment up front such as a broom? Dave

  3. #3gd10r2012-01-24 16:53

    Thanks guys, It does and had operated a broom, prior to it getting stolen a few years back I was told. Thanks agian for the help. Graham