Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 5130 Compact Excavator

pactractor ยท 2009-01-18 16:52

Here is a 5130 that belongs to ACI a contractor in So Cal. Somewhere I have pictures of it loading their 60 ton trucks and even some of Pacific Independents D350E's. When I find those I will ost them also...

Replies7
  1. #1992G2009-01-18 17:05

    Big compact excavator

  2. #2Haul-Pak2009-01-18 17:12

    Nice Pic's .. I bet the local CAT part's Department are having Champagne as we speak I bet the Local CAT Mechanic's are drinking Rye straight out of the bottle as well

  3. #3pactractor2009-01-18 17:23

    When it showed up on the job site it came on 7 lowbeds and took about 3 weeks to reassemble

  4. #4pactractor2009-01-18 18:22

    Here is another pic of the 5130 it is on the left of the picture. Towards the middle are some of my Cat D350E'S and to the right are some of ACI's Cat 651's. This helps to put the size into perspective... Also in the close up pic of the machine from the ground to the top of the tracks is about 6 feet...

  5. #5catd8t2009-01-18 19:40

    i want to see it loading adt's

  6. #6Haul-Pak2009-01-18 20:46

    How many guys where involved? 3 weeks seems a long time?

  7. #7pactractor2009-01-18 22:42

    I think it was 2 to 4 guys some days 2 other days 4 .... To ship it they remove the counter weight, cab, both track frames, the dog house in about 3 pieces, the fuel tank, hyd. tank, boom, stick, bucket. basically they totally disassemble it. They also painted and and I believe they re-hosed it while they were putting it back together because it had been sitting for a while before they bought it.....