Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Couple old mine photos

jgivens ยท 2009-01-17 14:52

Sorry for the quality. I had to scan them and well.... you see how it turned out. :bash These photos are from Dunbar Coal Co. in Bulter Co. Ky. photos were taken late 70s early 80s. What I would do to have done been around then and enjoyed the family owned company:Banghead Oh well enjoy the pix:drinkup

Replies6
  1. #1feroracing2009-01-18 03:24

    Good old days Nice pictures

  2. #2Eric2009-01-18 12:57

    Very cool, thanks for putting them up.

  3. #3Wolf2009-01-20 01:47

    great pictures. that's serious mining, awesome fleet of equipment. was that your family business? how did it fare, still around?

  4. #4jgivens2009-01-20 11:34

    It was owned by my family. Unfortunately it didn't make it.:Banghead

  5. #5sluggo2009-01-30 02:36

    Liked the pix's.. I started mining in 1979 I was 19 yrs. old, Sure miss the day's before all the safetey rules & regs.

  6. #6Dug Overburden2009-01-31 00:06

    Old mine photos Don't want to bash Caterpillar, in the old days there was a choice of many brands. Neat to see a complete spead with out 1 Caterpillar machine. Looks like F-A HD31's & F-A HD41's a large Michigan wheel loader,some Payhaulers & Wabcos. Also it's a complete American Manufactered fleet! Dug