Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 5130B backhoe

CAT992G ยท 2008-10-31 16:46

Cat 5130B backhoe loading unblasted limestone on Cat 775 truck

Replies7
  1. #1cat 3852008-10-31 17:41

    i hope i can run of these big girls sometime even with all the bad stuff i have heard about them.looks like the lift cylinders are on upside down as we were discussing in the liebherr thread, nice pic's

  2. #2dayexco2008-10-31 18:25

    you guys call excavators backhoes in europe? here, locally anyway....a backhoe is a hoe mounted on the "back" of a tractor.

  3. #3John C.2008-10-31 19:49

    It's a real treat to see a photo of one in which the house hasn't fallen off the carbody. Thanks for the photos.

  4. #4redlaker12008-10-31 20:14

    looks like a front hoe to me. it would be awesome to try one of those units sometime, I imagine it would feel a little slow but lots of raw power. and a nice view

  5. #5Haul-Pak2008-11-01 07:42

    Man thats a nice looking Back-actor as the Euro's call them. Shame they are junk but still looking pretty.

  6. #6Davis2010-04-20 17:03

    5130b me I was wondering where this machine is located. I talked to a guy today that is located in the Netherlands and this looks like the same machine. I have a 2004 with 6801 original hours that I am selling and I would love to know who has the one in the photo's. Maybe they need another one.. [email protected]

  7. #7Miningpower2010-04-20 19:37

    That's the correct term for a large mining excavator over around 120 tons- "Backhoe/ME". Call it a "Mass excavator" or a "Backhoe", either is correct. I always call them backhoes as do most companies that build them.