Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 525 Part

End2028 · 2021-03-22 15:19

Can anyone identify this part. The part number can't be found on the CAT site. It doesn't generate any hits online either. I would like to know what it's called. Part Number 525-3943. See attached pics

Replies9
  1. #1DB22021-03-22 15:48

    Looks like some kind of clutch hub. Might be helpful to post the machine serial number as well.

  2. #2Cmark2021-03-22 17:08

    What makes you think it's from a 525? I believe it's from a truck transmission. Where did you find it?

  3. #3End20282021-03-22 22:46

    Due to the part number starting with 525. I bought it at an auction. Trying to find what it belongs with. I usually have no trouble with CAT parts as they are well cataloged. This one has me stumped. However I also believe it’s part of a transmission. I found a schematic on AV parts that has part 283-8007 that looks just like it. The one I have is very large, probably weighs around 100 lbs.

  4. #4Cmark2021-03-23 00:48

    I'm pretty sure the part number is going to be 5253942. 2523943 will be the part number for the raw casting. It fits a 797F transmission. I have to say I'm surprised to see one in an auction seeing as it's a current model and the part is also involved in a rework program.

  5. #5End20282021-03-23 09:27

    Wow thank you so much!

  6. #6Nige2021-03-23 11:30

    So unless you have a 797F sitting in your back yard you just bought yourself a 114-pound boat anchor...

  7. #7old-iron-habit2021-03-23 21:11

    And I was expecting the OP to say it was a Cat 525 log skidder.

  8. #8Cmark2021-03-23 23:36

    Yep. I don't think the kind of people running 797Fs are likely to go shopping for parts on Ebay

  9. #9Nige2021-03-24 12:18

    eBay will be the last place they will be looking IMHO. I think that the companies who run 797Fs will be either using Reman or sending their transmissions to a dealer for rebuilding considering the cost involved. $350k for a new component or $130k for a Reman.