I'm finding in any of the online specs. This will be along the Rio Grande. Pretty good roads some sandy areas. If I'm say... 15mph on hard surface low rpm just trying to make sure I'm not at 7mph at high RPM. I've used articulating machines but it was slop and hills up and down. This could be a 27-mile run in sand so looking at nickels for my bid sheet. You know what I bet after the first month the spoil spill will probably make a pretty nice compaction. Hmm. Any information is appreciated. Just speed. Top Speed. I got it from there, I think. If I have the right calculator for resistance / weight. Ha. Glad I found this Forum. Old operator here. I change my own hoses. That old. All the best. Shawn Dixon Coastland Services, LLC.
Which model of 740.? Current or something older.? Tier 4 emissions or something else.? It does make a significant difference in both performance and consumption.
Supposedly New. Renting out of Colorado but the El Paso location said they are new fleet. I just hope it's not a regine nightmare if it is brand new. I've had them new on jobs but not Cat. And we had to wait for a tech 5 hrs away. Would just stay in regine. Thank you sir for responding. I just found something at light weight 57.5km/h = 32.7 mph. For sure not loaded. Watching videos on them I say 10-12 MPH loaded.
You posted this on the scraper section. We are talking about articulated trucks are we not.? You said “a 27 mile run”. If true that’s far too long a haul for an attic.
That should have been "artic". Darned auto-correct...... Back to the haul length. I would say that the maximum efficient one-way haul for an artic should be no more than 2 miles. This is due to their adverse payload-to-gross-weight ratio. For longer hauls a rigid truck is the preferred option but may not be suitable in your case due to ground conditions. Attached the spec for the truck, including tables for calculating estimated haul speeds based on machine weight and rolling resistance. Here's a link to the latest edition of the Cat Performance Handbook. i suggest that you download it then use Sections 1 (Articulated Trucks) and 25 (Estimating Owning & Operating Costs) to help in the estimation of cycle times, fuel consumption per hour, etc, etc. Also in Section Latest Caterpillar Performance Handbook | MacAllister Machinery The latest Caterpillar Performance Handbook provides need-to-know specs for your Cat machine. Download your handbook from MacAllister Machinery today! www.macallister.com
Give us some more background on the project. 27 miles is road dump truck/trailer territory.
Unless there’s are no roads…..
Depending on the size of the job and terrain you make one. Assuming the red X's are beginning and end, blaze a road to I-10, TX 20 or another side road and hammer down. Just guessing as OP hasn't given us any more detail. I have traveled down that section of 10 a few times, not much there.
Having been raised in the area, I would bet it is a re-hab or enlargement of the river levee job. If this is the case, it would be dirt/sand, and probably hauled for MILES off road. It would not be feasible to utilize the asphalt roads in that area