Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat d300e trans oil temp light

winchester875 · 2024-08-09 16:35

I have a cat 1994 d300e articulating truck S/N 7FN00705. The trans oil temp light goes on as soon as the engine is started. There is a filler neck and dip stick made sure it is topped off with 30w oil. Not sure if it’s the sensor itself or do I fill elsewhere ?let me know if I’m missing something. Hydraulic level is good and dip stick level behind the cab is good. Thank you, Derek

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2024-08-09 17:42

    Dunno if this is any help. The markings "COLD SAFE START", provides a range which indicates that there is sufficient oil in the transmission for engine starting. The engine can be started if the oil is anywhere within this range. DO NOT add oil if the level is toward the bottom of the range. Anywhere within the range is normal. The markings "HOT LOW IDLE", indicates the correct transmission oil level. Run the engine at low idle for five minutes before the oil level is checked. This is particularly important after a long, high speed haul. The oil must be at operating temperature and then allowed to stabilize.

  2. #2Nige2024-08-09 17:43

    You may have to dig into the electrical system. Keep an eye on your messages, I'll send you a schematic

  3. #3Mobiltech2024-08-09 17:45

    There is probably a temp switch on the transmission that turns the light on. Either the switch is bad or the wires to it are broken/ shorted.

  4. #4winchester8752025-03-22 00:20

    I had found the problem with the wires damaged for the sensors that’s connected to the oil cooler pipe under the truck