Will a Cat 769C fit on a 10' wide and be under 15' high or am I better off loading it on a 8.5' expando and blocking the front?
We always put them on a normal width trailer and block the front to get height down...
Does this help?? http://www.ritchiespecs.com/specifi...uck&make=Caterpillar&model=769C&modelid=93321 George
Thanks George. I had that site saved in my fav's. It didn't give me what I was looking for so I went out to WC's pit and measured the truck. The one I'm hauling sits at 13'6" high and the inside front, tire to tire is 8'6". Looks like I'll load it on the smaller trailer.
I'm not a hauling specialist but all the ones I've seen moved were run over a fairly narrow trailer then blocked under both the front bumper and the horse collar leaving the front wheels hanging in the air. If I can find a photo I'll post a link to it. http://www.flickr.com/photos/redunne/6211490060/in/pool-620836@N24
Done deal. I'll haul this one to Avondale Az. Monday morning.
we move ours on our 8'6" trailer and block up the front.
That's how I hauled mine when I had them. Always fun trying to find good enough blocking to use. Every time I get good blocks for something like that, they disappear in before I get to use them a second time. Looks like a clean 769C
Kinda the same deal on a 605 Komatsu awhile ago...
You can actually do a similar thing with a 793, as this photo shows ...............
Thanks guys. This would be the first time that I've loaded a 769 so it was a bit of a learning experience. I had to move the thing forward one time since I was 61,000 on my trailer. After moving the thing leaving about 10" between the front bumper and the neck I ended up at 16, 45 and 58. Good to go. It paid $2500.00 for the 475 mile round trip.
Huge truck. What is the weight of that komatsu?