Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

hauling extra excavator bucket

littleroadgrade ยท 2013-01-30 04:59

Need some ideas on how to haul a extra excavator bucket on our lowboy with the excavator, we were going to just roll it in the bucket thats on the excavator and clamp the hyd. Thumb on it but have found out that the dot frowns on that. Like to here how some of you do it. Thanks in advance

Replies4
  1. #1Dozerboy2013-01-30 09:24

    Throw it in the bucket don't use the thumb and put a chain or 2 on it. Most of the time ours where to big for that so I would put them behind the hoe and chain them down. With the bucket facing the counterweight.

  2. #2Oversizeload2013-01-30 11:28

    I put the extra in the bucket if it locks up tight against the boom(with chains over it)..If not I put it behind the machine..If its a permit load, at least in Ohio you better not have a extra bucket at all.

  3. #3buckfever2013-01-30 19:18

    Once we have the machine on the trailer where we want it we take the wide bucket and spin it around and put it between the tracks. Then with the small bucket on I curl it up puting the two buckets together and holding the larger bucket agianst the carbody.

  4. #4JDOFMEMI2013-02-01 00:51

    I usually just put it on the deck up against the gooseneck before I load, then back up until I touch it. It gets its own chain, even though it is usually locked in pretty tight anyway. We are allowed to have one additional item here in CA, as long as it belongs to the machine we are hauling, and it does not put us over the weight we are permitted for.