Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 854

Shamrock ยท 2009-08-28 19:28

Our new 854K Wheel Dozer just got released yesterday. We were debating whether the push arms, tilt cylinders and/or blade were interchangeable with a D9 or D10. They look identical. Anyone know? What a machine. I have not had a change to get a picture of it yet. The new Cat controls for center-articulated machines are a dream and the Cab design really reduces blind spots. 904 hp comes in handy as well. Definitely an improvement from our 80's era 834B's and early 90's 992's.

Replies5
  1. #19420pullpan2009-08-28 20:45

    Cant wait to see the pics!

  2. #2Chris917862009-08-28 21:06

    If the part #'s are the same, then yes, they are interchangeable.

  3. #3ben46a2009-08-28 22:32

    They are a serious machine indeed.

  4. #4CascadeScaper2009-08-28 23:35

    I have some hours in an 824C, but I can't imagine how much fun an 854 would be. Would love to see some pics!

  5. #5Cmark2009-08-28 23:39

    The tilt cylinders go on a D11R/T. Pretty much everything else is unique to the 854.