Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 906h declutch/ brake problem

Deadman · 2025-06-05 16:52

Hi Having a problem with our loader where if you use the brake it seems to be getting stuck in declutch mode and not able to move for or back unless you turn it off for 15 minutes then it works again. Just trying to find out how it works on these loaders so I can try find the problem. Also after the electric schematics to try trace some wires to see if that’s the problem. Not sure if this is the right place to post so hopefully someone can help Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2025-06-05 17:48

    Need a machine Serial Number to find technical information. I've asked admin to move it to the Compact Wheel Loader section which is where it really belongs.

  2. #2Deadman2025-06-05 18:29

    Thanks didn’t see the compact one. Its Id CAT0906HKTPE01159 Serial. CJS39368.

  3. #3Nige2025-06-05 19:13

    TBH I think the first thing that needs doing is to hook Cat ET up to the machine and look for Diagnostic Codes and/or Machine Events (Active or Logged). that might give some idea of where to go looking. Otherwise it's a needle in a haystack. Unfortunately I can't see any way to access diagnostics without the use of an external diagnostic tool. Check your message inbox for an electrical schematic.