Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 910 electrical schematic

BillG ยท 2016-04-01 10:55

Would anyone have an electrical schematic for a 910 Cat 80U series? The gent that owns it has had it cobbled a few times since new and now wants it back as close to original as possible. I guess it was the first new one that he owned and he would like to get it back to a state of everything working correctly. It is a pretty clean unit and reasonably well maintained except for this. I know the wiring is fairly basic and sparse compared to today's machines but sometimes it is easier if one can see how it was originally. Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2016-04-01 11:46

    There is no electrical Schematic per se for the 80U-prefix 910. There are illustrations in the Parts Manual of the various wiring harnesses which may help. Drop me a PM with a machine Serial Number and an email address and I'll send them to you. Also need to know does the loader have a cab or not.

  2. #2kshansen2016-04-01 20:21

    Not sure if this will help but found it listed in the Op and maint. manual on SIS. Seems to show the same one for all the 80U range. Says the original was dated 1/10/83 and it was updated 11/10/2001. Also don't see any mention of heater for cab or electric wipers.

  3. #3BillG2016-04-01 20:42

    Thank you gents, makes my job easier. Crawling around in machines 40 years ago was a normal part of the day. Now if I can save a few steps it helps. Thanks again.

  4. #4Nige2016-04-02 04:33

    Cab wiring including heater, wipers, & screenwahsers is listed separately as an attachment under "Operator Station" Ken. Believe it or not but I actually came across the Electrical Schematic (listed as the Wiring Diagram) in the Parts Manual while I was looking for wiring harnesses.......

  5. #5BillG2016-04-02 08:21

    Ken and Nige, I added A/C to this loader a few years ago so the heater circuit was modified. Other than that she is as original (except the wiring mess). I printed the sheets out to a D size, now I can read them from a reasonable distance. Thanks again.

  6. #6kshansen2016-04-02 09:38

    Yes it was standard for the wiring diagram like I posted to be in the parts book as well as the Lub/Maintenance Manual, everything on a sheet of paper maybe 8.5 by 5.5 inches! Takes a little more than that for the newer equipment! And where I worked some bosses did not understand the difference when it came to trouble shooting a problem.

  7. #7BillG2016-04-02 10:10

    Best tool I ever bought, wide format printer. As long as the original is good quality I can print out to something readable. Especially today where the density of a print that was originally a "D" size and they print it to an A or B size in a manual. Some Schematics are darn near impossible to follow even with a magnifying glass.