wondering if the cat 916 wheel loaderwere manufactured with a clutch cut out function when you apply the brakes loader we have seems to lose forward drive after engine is warm and you apply brake. still have reverse but not forward. shut it off and 20 minutes later have forward again,
Welcome to HEF Slimline ! Your question should have been posted in the wheel loader forum. It would have gotten a quicker response. I cannot help you. Sorry. Maybe one of the mods will read this and move it there. And delete my post.
As always the best plan of attack when looking for information especially on a Cat machine is to include the full machine serial number. A quick look on SIS (Cat's Service Information System) turns up at least three different serial number prefixes and there could be many variations in each of those so a full S/N would be helpful. That being said one of the 916's I did look at had as I suspected like just about all wheal loaders this line in the operation section of the owners manual: 1. Left Brake Pedal - The left brake pedal disengages the transmission and brakes the machine. This permits higher engine speed for better hydraulic response. Depress the left brake pedal when positioning and raising the bucket at the same time. Release the pedal to re-engage the transmission and to release the brake. There could be a few different problems with yours but about the only one I would comment on with out the full S/N is the left brake peddle, make sure it is not sticking down after your apply it, clean mud dirt and left over turky sandwiches out of the cab and under the floor peddles. I was asked to rebuild the transmission in a Cat loader once and first thing I checked was the foot controls. Sure enough the left peddle was sticking down at times. Two minutes with a can of penetrating oil and working the peddle up and down, job done. As I recall the guy was so happy it was that simple he handed me $50 or maybe $100 for five minutes of "work" and he supplied the penetrating oil to boot!
Thanks Kshansen, i believe you hit the nail on the head about the left foot rake. and i will remember to include serial numbers next time. many thanks!
So did cleaning/lubricating the left pedal pivot fix the problem..?