Hi all, My old 922B loader has started dripping oil from the handbrake drum on the front drive shaft. I lost my parts book and workshop manuel for the old girl in a house fire a few years back so cant find the part number for the needed repair seal. Would any here have the part number for the seals to replace on the front and rear drive shafts to stop transmission oil leaks on both driveshafts ? I dont know the serial number for her as it has been scrubbed off the ally plate years ago but I think she is an early 1960's model. Many thanks for any help.
My CAT 922B also leaks oil at the same place, didn't do anything about it yet. I am also looking for a workshop manual for it.
If you have a Serial Number the reference for a service manual shouldn't be hard to find.
Have you looked behind the plate.? THe Serial Number should be stamped on the machine frame right in that same location. If it was stamped on the plate maybe the S/N might even be readable from the back side.? There is no information available online for the 922B (of any Serial Number prefix) so a Parts Manual is going to be your only hope. The difficult thing in all of this is that there were no less than 4 different S/N prefixes of 922B built in the US and each one seems to call for a different reference of Parts Manual.
I do know the serial number for my machine, the prefix is 88J. I got the parts manual with the machine but I don't know if a workshop manual was ever made and if it would be of more help. Also the problem for me is that I am not in the US so shipping might be a problem or costly.
I would suggest to contact Service Manual Pro . They do not list a manual but may well have something. Their manuals are available on CD so that should solve the problem of shipping costs.
Thank you, I will check them out.
Can you read the tag on the engine block?, it will be the same as the machine serial number (unless the engine isn't original of course). These scans are from the parts book for the 88J series, and the shop manual for a 59A series .