Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 924 G oil coming out transmission dip stick

Jno1313 ยท 2021-02-25 20:19

I have been operating a Cat 924 G and recently it has been having issues when it is coming out of gear at low speed in 1st & 2nd gear. When I checked the transmission fluid with it warm while not running it showed a hair low on dip stick I immediately checked it a gain and oil came out of dip stick seeming like it was under low psi .

Replies6
  1. #1Nige2021-02-25 20:44

    Try again, this time checking the level with the engine idling and all systems up to operating temperature. That's the correct procedure. If you want further info a machine Serial Number would be useful.

  2. #2DB22021-02-25 20:50

    Trans breather may need servicing.

  3. #3Nige2021-02-25 21:02

    Worth a look certainly. Located right on top of the transfer case. Part Number is 9G-5127. If you find it is blocked a new one would be a good idea. They probably cost around $10. The maintenance manual does not recommend cleaning, just says replace it.

  4. #4Jno13132021-02-26 22:07

    Thanks Nige, at $10 I will replace the Trans breather .Thanks I will update

  5. #5Nige2021-02-26 22:34

    Update - I lied. When I checked the breather price is actually $11.....

  6. #6pedrocar2021-03-01 08:15

    Put a tube on it get it above the trans case where they sit they get covered in dirt that's where all your probs start