Hello to everyone, it´s my first time on this forum and starting asking for help. Last week I bought a used Cat 924G, year 2000. Among a few things I could repair by myself, I noticed that the articulation is trembling too much when I turn the steering wheel and reacts too fast... the pins and bushings are in good condition. Is there any screw, where I can adjust maybe the oil flow, to not react so fast? thanks for helps Gerry
Can't help you on the mechanical part of your question. But I have a 924G myself. Is this your first loader or do you have experience? I notice on our loaders that when a new driver first drives them they tend to jerk the steering wheel to much. Smooth steering is want you want. You'll learn. Give it time. Good loaders
Dif lock? Maybe you're dif lock is broken and is always on. In my JD the dif lock is a button on the floor I press. Maybe yours is always on. If I use mine and try n turn it shutters and chirps.
It may even have a NoSpin or limited slip diff in the rear which would complicate things.......both are options on the 924G.
Another thought. Could it possibly be related to your transmission neutralizer problem posted here..? HeavyEquipmentForums If you have to ride the brakes excessively to hold the machine back when the transmission should be neutralizing who knows what effect that could have on what you feel in the steering..?