Recently our 2001 cat 924G seems slow on hydraulics. When lifting a full bucket into a dump trailer I need to rev the engine pretty hard to make it lift. On idle if I pull the cross lever back, I feel oil pressure but boom won't raise. Only when I give her gas the bucket raises. Curling bucket in seems OK. Lowering and dumping is fast. Other thing I notice is, when shutting down loader, when moving cross lever to release any pressure, there isn't any pressure left. Could there be a valve leaking internally and letting the pressure bypass? Or is pump going out? 12000 hours
Dennis, with the loader hydraulic system at normal operating temperature if you raise the bucket to full height and let go of the lift lever do the lift cylinders creep downwards to any appreciable extent..? If not, the next step would be to test the pressure at the main relief vavle on the hydraulic system.
Hi Nige. How ya been? The loader arm does not drift down. The bucket does... How and where should I test pressures?
You mean the bucket curls down..? Is that loaded or empty..? All drift tests are supposed to be done with an empty bucket and the hydraulic oil at normal operating temperature. Drop me a line with your Serial Number. I'll send you the testing procedure.
3pz00845 Bucket curls down both empty and loaded
Bad lift cylinder piston seals? If the rod seals are good, you will get a lot less lift but not much/no drift?