Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 924K F-N-R switch?

DennisZ ยท 2020-07-31 10:51

hi. My 924K has some connection issues in the FNR switch, located on top of the joystick. Sometimes you press forward and it doesn't move. So i wanted to order a new switch from my CAT dealer. Says CAT only sells the complete "control handle" PN 356-5208. Seems a bit unnecessary i think? Maybe someone here knows the PN of the switch itself? Machine SN PWR03400 Regards Dennis

Replies2
  1. #1heymccall2020-07-31 13:36

    Nope. Had to buy the whole handle for 930k. Stupid really, but, someone has to keep the lights on at Caterpillar.

  2. #2Jgm2020-07-31 14:39

    I would try to take it apart and spray it out with contact spray, but it is true most heavy equipment dealers only provide the complete joystick. I found micro switches that that I solder in and out for our customers, saves them big money.