Hello all, I just picked up this Michigan 175 wheel loader and need some guidance. The tag on the engine hood/cover says it's a model 175GM but everywhere I look for info or manuals the only selections are 175III 175A,B,C. Looking at pictures it looks like a C but the serial number does not seem to match what a C would be. It has a Detroit V8 with a supercharger which is the meaning for the GM in model name. Also, the transmission fluid is quite milky red so I'm assuming it has ATF in it. I'd like to change it but not sure what to change it to. I'm in Maine so the winters get cold and the machine has been well used and abused so I'm not sure what I should put back into the transmission for oil. Research has told me most other Michigan loaders can take either 10wt engine oil or ATF in the tranny. Not sure which is better for my situation. Also, is this the fill and dipstick for the transmission on the right side of the seat in the cab? Pictures included. serial # 8AHG155. looking for parts and service manuals as well if anyone has any leads. Thanks for the input
It's a IIIA. It looks a lot like the one below which says 17GM-3A (IIIA). You can look on the 2nd link for a manual from Minnpar. The parts manual for your machine is the bottom link. http://www.minnpar.com/manuals4.aspx?FName=MICHIG http://www.minnpar.com/partbooks/MICHIGAN (VOLVO VME) MANUALS/WHEEL LOADER (MICHIGAN VME) MANUALS/MICHIGAN (WHEEL LOADER) SERIES 175 PARTS MANUALS/175IIIA #2362.PDF