I have no heat in my 924K. Changed the thermostat and the controls. Only blows cold air. A/C works fine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Is it the cooling system thermostat you replaced.? Not sure what you mean by "controls". Are you referring to the water control valve (#6 below) right next to the heater assembly.? Do the coolant hoses to/from the engine to the heater get hot at all.?
Yes replaced the cooling system thermostat. controls in the cab. hoses get hot
Did you replace the water control valve #6 in the illustration above.?
No, we will change it . thanks
I wasn’t suggesting that you simply replace it, just that it might be something worth looking at as the cause of your problem. Could be something simple such as the control linkage to it has become disconnected.?
How about removing the item #6 and rotate the valve manually to see if that gets heat? This looks a little different than the 980G I had a problem with, on that one the temperature was controlled by a "blend door" but it had an actuator similar to the one above. Seems like you should be able to see the actuator moving when the control in cab is adjusted. Note I seem to recall that there is a bit of a lag between the time control is moved to when the actuator starts moving.
Is that like my excavators where the HVAC controller display can also show faults?
I know you said there is heat in the hoses but are you sure the shutoff taps on the engine are in the open position. In our world we shut the taps off in the summer for maximum A/C output.
I looked in the Parts Manual for heater line shutoff valves but couldn't find any. That doesn't mean to say they aren't there on the OP's machine though.