Trying to get some info for this machine.. Im guessing late 60 early 70s. serial tag says 85dc model. It looks like limited run, as the 75, 125, 275, was enough, and that the 85 didnt meet marketing goals. So I found one, looks in half way decent shape. 8cyl cummins starts runs. How tough will it be to get parts? i know for sure at least 1 rear caliper is gone, maybe the other side as well.. So are there resources for this machine out there? sems like the model 85 didnt have its place in the dirt. help. k
I used to suggest keeping the old iron alive,but that's getting increasingly difficult. Obsolete parts, no product support, let alone finding a tech who's been there and done it. If it isn't in current production, they don't want to support it. Aftermarket has left a lot of fruit on the tree.
does anyone have any idea on how many articulating units were built? over what years? Its a clark 85dc
I can't help with the production numbers, sorry. But, like you I am searching for information on our Michigan Clark loader. Ours is an 85-ac model. It has the Waukesha 6 cylinder gas motor. Here's to wishing us all luck on finding more info.
Hi folks.. I have a clark michigan model 85 articulating loader. im guessing 70's Looking for some direction on steering oscillation when turning right going fwd or reverse when backing up. if i stop and let it settle down it will stop. feels like im bouncing off a valve in the steering control. almost like a dampening shock is required.. any suggestions on where to start looking? help please.. it looks like this model might be based on the 125 chassis. I have the manuals. need some extra thought here please thanks kenny
K: how tight are the pins and bushings/bearings in the articulating joint ? If you have follow-up linkage, it may be sensing a steering command generated by movement of the pivot joint. It could be even just sloppy joints in that follow-up, but my money is on the top and bottom pins.
If I remember correctly, all the old parts for Clark, Michigan loaders were bought up by Volvo years past. I found caliper kits from a Volvo warehouse in florida. We had a mid 70s model. If I remember correctly, it was 75C I still have seals for one caliper or at least for a half, but may not be the same. If they are, your welcome to it. Easy to rebuild. Pistons were also available. If you find a part number, let me know.