Good morning, I have a Cat 928 HZ serial number CAT0928HVCXK00269 with about 4650 hours on it that is having some odd electrical issues. The front windshield wiper will randomly start up, sometimes for a couple of cycles other times continuous for a minute or more, moving the switch (twist knob on the dash) had no effect on what was happening. I initially suspected the switch had gone bad for some reason and disconnected it which did cause the random wiper running to stop (I have left it disconnected for a few days now while they were using it to load topsoil) but when I was moving the machine out of the shop I noticed the high beam light indicator on the instrument cluster would randomly flash on and off (no pattern to it at all). I've finally had a chance to look into it a bit more and when the work lights are turned on the high beam may or may not indicate momentarily, from what I can see all the external lights are illuminated but not sure if I am getting high beams or not. I've also checked fuses to ensure they ones for the wipers and lights are not blown and everything seems to be ok at this point. I've done a visual on the harness in the area on both sides of the steering column and everything visually looked good, I didn't see any areas that appeared to be rubbing or chafed. I felt the harness on the back side of the column as far as I could and could not feel anything but that isn't a guarantee of anything of course. Before I pull the entire dash assembly apart I thought I would throw this issue out here to see if anyone has heard or seen something like this before. Thanks in advance for any and all assistance
I'll send you an electrical schematic which might help your diagnostics. Keep an eye on your message inbox
Thanks Nige I appreciate it