Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 621 vs C vs D series

wrollman · 2024-09-24 20:29

Hello, I am looking for a Case 621, 621C, or 621D loader. I don’t want a B because it seems that the transmission/controller is problematic. This is for farm use, so probably around 50 hours a year, give or take. I don’t really care about comfort or any bells and whistles. I just want something that starts and runs when I turn the key. How is the Clark transmission in the original series? What are the differences between a C and D? Which would you recommend and why? Thank you!

Replies2
  1. #1KSSS2024-09-24 21:50

    I would go with the C. The D had some issues (brakes). I have a 2018 721G (first gen). Its an awesome loader, but they are a lot more money than a C would be.

  2. #2Coy Lancaster2024-09-26 10:58

    I would go with the C series also. There are some issues with the machines but not as many as the "A" or "D" series. One thing about the "C" series is that the IC is getting hard to find or finding somewhere to have it repaired. But it does have onboard diagnostics with fault codes I suggest you get a service manual with which either series loader you get.