Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 930G boom lowering issues

crankyster_01 ยท 2014-06-18 19:03

I have a 930G w about 7000H on it, it has no ride control, was an intermittant issue until recently. You can lift the loader arm all the way up and when you go to lower the arm it goes about 2 feet and acts like it's deadheading, it still moves very very little if you let off the handle and lower again it does the same thing all over again,with this problem it drifts while running or not pretty bad you can see it drifting down so it pretty bad. I checked the springs on the spool, removed the relief valves and inspected and found nothing, eliminated the joystick pilot valve by switching lines around the issue stayed with the lower function, I gonna check the cylinders tomorrow, any where else yall would look, steering priority valve? or something like that, its just on lower this is what confusing me, Any help would be great.

Replies2
  1. #1kshansen2014-06-18 19:51

    Here is what I find in a quick look on SIS: You can not lower the boom but you can raise the boom. Probable Causes 1.The ride control switch is in the ON position. Move the ride control switch to the OFF position. 2.You can not power up with the boom. Refer to "Problem 8". 3.The ride control valve is not working correctly. 4.The makeup valve in the lift valve is not working correctly. Disassemble the lift control valve. I'm drawing a blank trying to find anything in SIS that shows where this "make up valve" is located!

  2. #2crankyster_012014-06-22 21:03

    Well fortunite enough I also have access to sis web, I ran through the t/s as it states on there, The only thing I could come up with was the day after I posted returned and eliminated the cyls so I went back to the loader valve, and found something to appear to be an issue on the valve, found in sis where it said this valve stops the flow of oil to the head end of the cyl, removed the valve completly and found marks where it apeared to be sticking, I replaced the valve the next day and this fixed the issue. Thanks FYI the valve I replaced was on the rear of the loader valve next to the spool, not sure its called a makeup valve though