Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 930G no start

breg099 · 2020-03-13 15:25

Hey guys first question post but here’s my issue, I have a cat 930G with cat c3056E 20000hrs, serviced it last night then ran it fine. This morning it was a hard start but ran for a couple hours it did have the glow plug light illuminated the whole time but it ran! after shutdown it won’t start again. Only active code is 081a R0096 03 but a new fuel gauge was installed previously and the harness removed. So first I thought it was airlocked. I cracked the airlines went through the process of bleeding air lots of bubbles came out Of injector lines. But could get straight diesel, then I thought I had a problem with my fuel pump ran filter from pump direct to bucket of diesel there are air bubbles coming out of line in the bucket cracked lines to injectors at the pump and nothing any ideas?

Replies5
  1. #1breg0992020-03-13 15:30

    Sorry if that was confusing filter line from sender unit into injector pump is in a bucket of clean diesel.

  2. #2cuttin edge2020-03-13 18:24

    serial number, the guys always want serial numbers

  3. #3Tenwheeler2020-03-13 18:51

    I would start with a clear hose between the secondary filter housing return fitting and the return line to the tank. Several feet long with the loop up high. Does it have air in the fuel when you crank it? If so does it have air in the fuel going to the fuel supply pump, another clear hose.

  4. #4Tenwheeler2020-03-13 19:41

    Glow plugs? The 930Gs here do not have glow plugs but an intake preheater. It is on the intake where the charge air cooler hose connects. Has a fuel line and a large push on electrical connector. At 40 degrees F they only have power to them briefly when the starter is engauged.

  5. #5breg0992020-03-30 19:54

    Thanks guys I was away from the machine tackling other Projects covid and whatnot. But here is an update, i re-pulled the filters filled with fresh fuel and bled there first. Then I removed the primer. based on how it felt I thought it wasn't priming by hand, it was. I then took a clean bucket filled with diesel and put it just before the secondary filter, re cracked the injectors. And finally got some good pressure. Still hard to start but it ran. I replaced the lines from there back and it starts everyday. It is hard to start but I think the pumps getting tired. This machine is almost at a point it will need some serious attention. It's got a nasty coolant leak from the head and because it gets used every minute of everyday and the high amount hours I'm not aloud to put lots of money and hours in it.