I'm rebuilding a loader lift cylinder, first time ever and noticed an oring I got in the kit is round but the one I pulled out of the hydraulic is square. Does anyone know if it will cause me any problems if I install the round one?
Was that ring "under" the brown ring? If so then it should not be a problem. Just double check that you have the correct kit. They have I think 2 different kits based on whether you have an original cylinder and you go by serial number or if you have a replacement cylinder. Why they muddy the waters like this....I don't know.
Yes it goes under the brown ring, I thought about using the old one but went ahead and put the new one in. I almost got it all back together, hope it works!
Deere sometimes gives you more seals than you need in one kit just to confuse you.Make sure to use some loctite on the nut and be careful when you bleed the cylinder .Extend and retract super slow several times to get the air out of it.
I put it all back together, no leaks so far, but I didnt bleed anything, was I supposed too? I didnt see anything in the manual about it.
No bleeding required, Ron. The air will purge out on its own. Keep the reservoir full tho.
Ronn, like Joe said run the rod in and out real slow at first to make sure the air is out. What can happen for example and I have seen this, usually with larger cylinders, is a cylinder is repacked, then lets say it is assembled with the rod all the way in.....then you run the rod out at full speed....all the oil is on the barrel end and no oil at the rod end and the friction from the dry rod on the dry seals melts the seals from heat build up. So running the rod in and out slowly will not only get the air out but will also insure the seals won't melt from heat.