Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 930h No Heat

clarzach ยท 2023-10-31 16:58

Hi, I am new to loaders and bought one for snow removal. I am running into an issue where i am not getting any heat. The blower works and blows ice cold when A/C is on but blows ambient temp air when heat is on. I took the seat off to feel the heater coils underneath and they are hot when the heat is on but there is no heat being blown. it's a 2016 cat 930h serial # DCH02031 Any insight about where i should look or do to correct the problem would be helpful.

Replies2
  1. #1Nige2023-10-31 17:18

    Have you looked at the condition of the cabin filters, both fresh air and recirculation.? Also trace the lines from the heater core back to the engine cylinder block. Each one could well have a shutoff valve scrwed into the block. Make sure that those valves are wide open, carefully - because the spindles might well be seized if they haven;t been moved in a while.

  2. #2heymccall2023-10-31 17:37

    Lever (1) actuated hot water valve (11). And the prefix is DHC, not dch.