Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat/930k wheel loader–Brake bleeding procedure?

Ace78 · 2022-12-28 08:34

Can someone please tell me how to bleed the brakes or if I even have to on this loader? I just put some o rings and a boot on the brake pedal cylinder and now the brakes are locked I'd appreciate somebody's help thanks.

Replies11
  1. #1Ace782022-12-28 08:46

    I have a cat 930k loader I just put seals and boot on brake pedal cylinder now brakes are locked up do I need to bleed them if so how can someone help me please if appreciate it very much thanks

  2. #2ahart2022-12-28 10:39

    SMCS - 4250, 5050 i06707404 Serial Numbers Serial Number DYB1-UP ENC1-UP EYE1-UP HJF1-UP PWR1-UP RHN1-UP Machine Preparation Move the machine to a smooth, level location. Ensure that the location is away from other operating machines and away from personnel. Place the transmission direction and speed control lever in the NEUTRAL position. Run the engine at high idle until the hydraulic oil is at operating temperature. Stop the engine. Engage the parking brake. Lower the work tool to the ground. For more information refer to Testing and Adjusting, "Machine Preparation for Troubleshooting" for the machine that is being serviced. Service Procedure Check hydraulic oil tank for proper oil level. The proper oil level must be maintained throughout the procedure. Start engine and run at low idle. Allow brake accumulators to charge. Fully apply the service brake. Release the service brake. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 until the brake pedal is firm. The hydraulic tank is much higher than the brakes in the axles. The brake valve provides an open connection from the brake pistons in the axles to the hydraulic tank when the pedal is released.

  3. #3ahart2022-12-28 10:45

    That’s the bleeding procedure, the service brakes on this machine are pressure applied and spring released. Also machine has a separate parking brake so it would be helpful to determine which brake is not releasing. Also, why was the brake valve resealed? If the service brakes are locked up now and weren’t before, then I would guess there is an issue with the assembly of the service brake control valve.

  4. #4ahart2022-12-28 10:48

    Lastly, it would be best to post a new thread for your issue instead of piggy backing onto another one that is likely not the same issue as what you have. Other helpful information when you post is machine serial number and hours along with any service history that is relevant to the issue you’re experiencing. Welcome to HEF!

  5. #5Nige2022-12-28 11:25

    He did post a new thread but like here didn't include any information, even in the title. I'm sure some folks think we are mind-readers on HEF........... HeavyEquipmentForums

  6. #6ahart2022-12-28 14:01

    Saw that after I replied here.

  7. #7digger242j2022-12-28 18:41

    I moved all the relevant posts from the other thread to this one, and edited the title to match the topic. Mind reading no longer required. (And please bear in mind that new members may not have learned the importance of some details that the more forum-experienced of us have come to take for granted.)

  8. #8Ace782023-01-04 12:26

    Sorry to you all I'm very new at this and not very good at it as well product id number is *cat0930kjrhq3844* the serial number is c8n28241 arrangment number 3474030 and a smaller number at bottom is 225-4150 5 the brakes where sticking originally also the pedal wouldn't come all the way back up so I put the o ring kit in it now the front and back brakes are locked until you turn engine of wait a few mins and you see the brakes release I also had to replace one hydrolic line going to it that had gotten broke taking it off.

  9. #9Ace782023-01-04 12:30

    Do you think I may have crossed a e two up does anyone have a hose diagram or one for the whole system by chance?

  10. #10Nige2023-01-04 18:50

    OK, so here are a few basics. Your machine Serial Number (last 8 characters of the 17-character PIN) is RHN03844. You put a "Q" in your post above. Use this S/No any time when ordering parts. C8N28241 is the engine Serial Number, and 347-4030 is the engine Arrangement Number, effectively the build data for the engine. Use the engine S/N when ordering engine parts. 225-4150 is the Part Number of the plate with all the machine data stamped on it. I'll get back to you with more info regarding your question on brake lines.

  11. #11Nige2023-01-05 16:33

    Which hoses exactly did you replace.? Up in the cab or lower down.? Here's the Brake Lines taken from the Parts Manual.