Need help finding a Rear main crankshaft bearing for a D320 engine. Cat part # is 7M9283. Aftermarket bearing would be fine also.
Someone like OldMagnet can probably help you. If he doesn't respond you can always PM him. He's extremely knowledgeable on older Cats. You could check on Machinery Trader and see if the part number is listed.
Standard or undersize? One on ebay or try "Regal) https://www.ebay.com/itm/165046870752
Thanks. I saw the one on ebay but I need a standard bearing. I'll call Regal tomorrow. Thanks again. I guess if worse comes to worse I could get the .020 under from ebay and get the crank turned. These engines are kinda rare (D320) and some what hard to get parts for.
You better check your part number ,I've never seen Cat use the same number on different size bearings. Bob
It appears as though 7M-9283 is a standard size bearing and then 7M9284 is 0.030" undersize, not 0.020". The 7M-9655 Main Bearing set is as per below.
Agreed, that's whats shown in my parts book.
Thats what is shown in my parts book also. Part on Ebay is an aftermarket bearing with the correct part # but some one has written .020 undersize on it. I am very hesitant to buy it. I agree about Cat having different part numbers for the undersized bearings. I was a Cat dealer field serviceman for 37 years.