Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 935C x 2 for sale on the side of the road. Any good? What to look for?

Jeembawb ยท 2013-08-01 20:13

Hey Guys - I saw these 2 jiggers on the side of the road this morning. Can anyone say what this model is like & what to look out for? Thanks Jimbob :Cowboy P.S. and maybe a rough guess at what this sort of gear is worth - but how long is a peice of string huh!

Replies6
  1. #1wosama931b2013-08-02 21:17

    Hi Jeembawb, They look good from across the street, The more good parts the better, Cam you get a few close up photo's. sam.

  2. #2George catman2013-08-03 06:10

    Hi, These are 935c track loaders, with 4 in 1 s and rippers definetly worth looking into, things to look into would be - they cracked around the nose cone a bit ( radiator guard), ensure both tracks drive well especially when steering under load, ( possibly weak clutches) check the engines are not breathing to excessive, (3204 cat engines in our climate with 2 ring pistons from factory didn't deliver massive hours without a refresh, ensure the trans engage each gear, I always check out the steering clutch pedals to see how much wear they have had and the trans selector plate to see if they have been trashed or not gives a general over view to how much work they have done and how hard it was treated during those hours of work. Would love to see more photos, Cheers

  3. #3George catman2014-01-30 05:17

    Hi jeembawb, Are these 935C's still for sale were chasing a good one? Cheers

  4. #4Jeembawb2014-01-30 06:46

    Will check it out next time I go past that way George - they had a 20+ ton samsung excavator for 15k too but I think that sold but have an idea the 935's may still be there. If the ph # is readable on the pics give em a bell, otherwise I can scratch up the # off the pics on my phone. Jimbob

  5. #5George catman2014-01-30 14:22

    Thanks Jeembawb, Can't quite read a phone number from the photo, if you could see one I would love to give them a call, Cheers

  6. #6George catman2014-02-04 03:42

    Hey jeembawb, Did you have any luck with a finding a phone number on your phone mate? I would really appreciate it, Cheers