I have a cat 939 tract loader. It is the same set up as a d3 c dozer. I removed the steer clutch to put new disks in it and I need to remove the springs. Called cat to see if they have a tool and they said they don’t and that they send them off to another location to get them rebuilt. It has 8 springs total. Does anyone know a part number for the plate to compress the springs?
try this they might be able to help https://www.steeringclutch.com/d3strcltch.htm
Thank you! They have it and for what seems like a reasonable price. Has a few part numbers so I’ll call and see if someone down shops around here have any I can borrow so I don’t have to wait for shipping.
I believe you need a press in order to rebuild the clutches but don't know what special tooling is required.