Trying to install a block heater on our 941, I ordered one that was listed to fit the 941 and the 3304 but I cant figure where it would go... Block heater is Katz #30307 and is the screw in type. Anyone have a 941 with a heater that doesnt go into a freeze plug?
Look at the coolant elbow on the side of the block near the oil filter. Some of them had a threaded plug hole and a heater in them. Later Bob
Yeah, got no plugs on that elbow. Thanks though
Hook up a short section of heater hose as you would for a cab heater and put an inline heater in it. Later Bob
Did you look in the end of the elbow, it would be pointing forward to the oil cooler.
Do you have this elbow on the engine that is connected to the back of the oil cooler? I'm thinking the heater could be used in the spot on the bottom where plug #5 is located.This was from the 70H serial number machine.
I think I may have a different setup 80H machine... I mean I dont even see any areas where I could hook into to run a tank style heater, possible the block drain plug to the 90 up at the thermostat housing, but those are both about 1/2 holes I dont think that would be enough.
Keep in mind the heater that is supposed to be for this motor is 1" threads and about 3.5" long
Kinda looks like a D330 motor to me ,might be your problem. Bob
Previous owner said it was a 3304 so I just assumed he knew what he was talking about. But I guess anything is possible. How do I I.D the motor?
Look at the serial number tag on your motor,its the same as the tractor.A 3304 would have a different number.There are a lot of exterior changes but the serial numbers are a sure way. Bob
80h709
Correct me if I am wrong but from what I am seeing the 941B had the 3304 and the 941 had the D330, which solves this problem because the heater isnt meant for a D330?? Im not finding any heater for a D330 either lol, which becomes the new problem if it is infact a D330
That is a D330c for sure.
Dont be to worried the 333C is the for-runner to the 3304 with the same bore size (4 3/4") and to be fair is not a bad engine with a robust fuel pump that you can run heating oil through, the best way forward is to rig hoses to heat via the cab heater lines, in the U.K. a common heater is the Peragrine unit (my spellings crap) this is often installed on stand by generators and works very well, oh and your engine title is the D330C, the C bit is very important as the D330 and D330B are nothing like the C, the 6 cylinder model is called the D333C. tctractors